Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

My sweet baby boy is 4 weeks old today!  And, of course, it's his first Halloween! Although I'm sad to say we haven't really done anything today.  I dressed him up in a cute little outfit his aunt bought him, and a sweet Halloween bib his Mimi bought him, and I took pictures, but that's about it.  We are just too tired to go out, which I think is understandable.  :)  I cannot believe that my beautiful little baby will be a month old on Saturday.  Time is already flying by! It makes me a little sad.  I am trying my best, though, to enjoy every single moment I have with him.

That being said, I am having a hard time getting anything done here around the house.  All day I am pulled away from things I am trying to do so that I can either feed, burp, change,  or soothe N., and it is a little frustrating.  I am so glad that I am able to stay home and take care of him, but it's hard not being able to do much else.  Thankfully, my mom has agreed to come over one day a week to help me watch him so that I can get the cleaning and other tasks that need to be done accomplished.  I am so glad!! That will help SOOOO much! Plus,  I need some adult conversation every now and then, haha.

I am really looking forward to the day when I can just go someplace by myself for maybe an hour or so.  You know, like grocery shopping by myself, or just going to a store to browse by myself.  Every mom has told me this, and I never understood it until now.  I think everyone needs alone time, and I haven't gotten that in a pretty long time.  As an only child, alone time is something I'm used to having, so this is a big adjustment.  You really end up losing all of your selfishness when you become a mother.

I feel so blessed, though, that God let us have our baby boy.  We didn't have to hardly try at all to get pregnant, and I had a pretty easy pregnancy.  (The birth wasn't fun, as you've read before, but oh well.)  I had no idea what to expect.  I actually thought that parenthood would be much harder than I am finding it to be.  It's definitely challenging, but more than that, it is rewarding.  Don't get me wrong, it's not an easy job.  I just had it in my mind that it would be a nearly impossible job, which it's not.  That's why we waited so long to have a baby in the first place.  For the past 6 years, the thought of parenthood was just way too scary to us.  In fact, we weren't sure that we wanted to have a child at all.  But, wow, am I glad we did! This is an experience that is so amazing and wonderful, and I feel so sorry for those people that haven't gotten to experience it. 

Okay, enough talking about being a parent.  Soon, I'm hoping to post more about stuff I enjoy doing, like books I've read and crafts I've completed and stuff like that.  Right now, though, I obviously haven't had time to do that.  I'm also in a program called BzzAgent, where I get to try products out for free, and I plan on writing about that, too.  I know my time will always be limited, but I'm hoping I get to do some of those things soon.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Urbans Living in Arkansas | Premium Blogger Templates & Photography Logos | PSD Design by Amuki